The Design Twins
Who We Are
We are identical twins, born 17 minutes apart. We are best friends, and while we live separately, Julie in Seattle, Jodie in San Francisco, our blog brings us together.
To share our passion for home decor, diy, instagram, and personal growth. To teach and encourage others to express themselves creatively. And inspire people to live their best lives by becoming the best version of themselves.
We are writers, decorators, and DIYers, and Instagram influencers. More than anything else we are all about helping others. We love meeting people, connecting in personal and meaningful ways, and inspiring them to find joy!
God is at the center of our lives.
Jesus is our leader and our light. He fills our hearts with gratitude and gives us purpose with each new day. We are His and with Him we have strength to follow anywhere His path may lead. Today He has led us to you!
Our motto, “Everyone needs a twin!” Don’t have your own? We’re happy to share!
- Jodie’s the older “bossy” twin (Julie wrote that!)
- Julie’s the younger “wilder” twin (Whatever!!)
- We play classical violin…still
- We love pizza, a LOT
- We grew up as “The Brady Bunch”—Jodie was Marsha and Julie was Jan, no judgment
- Exercise makes us happy (Luckily)
- French is our “secret language”
- We are Gemini’s so our passions are ever-evolving
Our favorite movie is “Moulin Rouge” and the scene when Ewan McGregor composes and sings “Your Song” to Nicole Kidman…. Our hearts melt every time!