Looking for fun ways to style your Fourth of July tablescape? Jodie and I have put together some of our favorite ways to transform your ordinary table setting to create a festive look for the season. Whether you are hosting a neighborhood party or family gathering, your guests won’t want to leave.
Keep reading for a red, white & blue treat that’s easy, healthy and perfect for summer entertaining. When it comes to holiday decorating, we love to design spaces that create a festive and inviting environment. You’ll be dying to get decorating after this post. Here are the best tips to incorporate fun patriotic elements into your everyday décor. Let’s get this party started!
This post contains affiliate shopping links to help support our blog and for your convenience. Using these links creates no additional cost to you and helps us continue delivering inspiring content 🙂 See our disclosure page for more.
A July Tablescape Begins with Place Settings
To create a lively atmosphere right at your dining table, top ordinary white dinner plates with silver appetizer plates. Jodie chose to add antique pewter plates for a vintage feel. For a relaxed, summer-time vibe use round woven placemats. Add either red or blue checkered cloth napkins for a little extra patriotic pizzazz! When adding red, white and blue it’s up to you how much to add. Everyone has a different aesthetic. The key is to follow your own.
Floral American Flag Centerpiece for your July Tablescape
For an updated centerpiece, take a plain white vase or pitcher of your choosing and fill it with beautiful white or red faux roses. Add medium sized American Flags found at your local grocery or craft store for a cohesive tablescape look.
Festive Table Runner
For an extra pop of color, you can use either a red or blue table runner or table cloth for your tablescape.
Mason Jar Tea Lights
Fill empty mason jars with glass pebbles and white tea lights to create relaxing mood lighting. Tie red or blue ribbon in a simple bow around the jar for a festive finishing touch.
Red, White and Blue Seat Cushions
Place either red or blue checkered seat cushions on dining chairs for comfy, inviting seating for party guests.
Continue Your Patriotic Décor
If you want to continue the patriotic theme throughout your home, consider adding red, white and blue pillows to your living room couch! It will instantly bring color and liven up the space! You can add fun table accents like a wooden star, a vase of white flowers, or red candle sconces. You can even hang a bunting flag above your dining table or fireplace as a unique statement piece! Who said bunting was only for outside?
Some other ideas we love are:
- a framed American flag on a focal wall
- an American flag without the frame, just hung in its glory using temporary thumbtacks
- flag pained on wood planks, fun DIY to use year after year
- red, white & blue banners, bunting, or strung flags to decorate inside or outside
- red, white & blue pom-pom banners
- string lights in red, white and blue colors
- Japanese hanging lanterns in red, white & blue
- Paper fan collections in red, white & blue
Healthy Greek Yogurt and Berry Parfaits
Who says eating healthily has to be boring? This delicious and simple yogurt parfait is perfect for a nutritious summer afternoon snack or dessert! You can even serve them to guests at an outdoor cookout or barbeque! Festive, tasty and healthy, it’s a triple win! And best of all you only need two ingredients: plain non-fat Greek yogurt and your choice of berries. We used fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Grab your favorite wine glasses or even empty mason jars to hold your delicious treat!
- Start off by scooping a few large spoonfuls of Greek yogurt into the bottom of the cup or jar. This will be the first layer of the parfait!
- Next cut up some freshly washed blueberries or strawberries and place them on top of the yogurt for the second layer.
- Follow with another layer of yogurt, then another layer of berries and repeat until the glass or jar is full.
- Top it off with a final garnish of berries. You can even add a mini blueberry skewer as a finishing touch. Feel free to top with your favorite granola or a dash of cinnamon for extra flavor. You can even add mini American Flags if you wish!
- Serve immediately with a spoon and ENJOY!!
Happy Fourth of July!
We hope these Fourth of July tablescape ideas sparked some décor inspiration for your summertime entertaining! Whether you’re hosting the neighborhood barbeque or pre-firework show get-together, these tips are perfect for getting your guests in the patriotic spirit!
If these ideas have just wet your appetite for Fourth of July decor head on over to our good friend Sarah at Little Vintage Nest for her Farmhouse Style Fourth of July Decor Roundup. Sarah is always so inspiring, and she did a wonderful shop showcasing the best of farmhouse decorating for Independence Day.
Have a fabulous Fourth Y’all! 🙂
XO ~ Jodie & Julie
Looking for more summertime decorating ideas? Here are some of our favorite posts: