My Best Entryway Decorating Advice to Wow and Welcome!
1. Why is having an effective entryway important?
2. What purpose should an entryway serve? Is it to stun, to store items, both?
Julie: Both! You need your entry to WOW and WORK for you in all the ways that an entryway must function:
3. What are the key components to entryway decorating?
Key components, whenever possible are:
- Good lighting
- Ample storage
- A place to sit
- Your personality/style
Want to shop our style?
4. How important is lighting in an entryway?
5. Do you have one component that isn’t essential to entryway decorating but a personal design favorite?
6. What are some tips one should keep in mind when decorating a small entryway versus a large one?
Keys to smaller entryway decorating:
- Limit the amount of furniture
- Keep in mind scale and don’t select pieces that dwarf your space…you want to do the opposite.
- Choose furniture and pieces that serve multiple purposes.
- Less is more. Be careful of too many decor details in a small space.
7. Any final entryway decorating tips?
Julie: It’s so important to let your personality greet people. Choose items very carefully and let them tell your story. If it feels too sterile or too staged the room will fail, no matter how well planed. Choose pieces that have meaning and clearly show who you are.
Overwhelmed? Don’t Be! You’ve Got This!
A final pep talk for your Entryway Decorating…
SHOP THE POST HERE