You know the old saying, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression?” Well it’s true. And, for better or worse, your home’s entryway is your first impression. Think of your entryway as your leading lady. If she doesn’t perform, the whole play will flop. She needs to woo, entice, seduce, but also be true to her character and make her audience fall in love. Sound like a lot? It is, but don’t worry! Jodie and I are here to help you cast your perfect leading lady. We are excited to share our best entryway decorating ideas with you. So, sit back, relax and get ready to make your entryway the favorite room in your house.
My Best Entryway Decorating Advice to Wow and Welcome
1. Why is having an effective entryway important?
2. What purpose should an entryway serve? Is it to stun, to store items, both?
Julie: Both! You need your entry to wow and work for you in all the ways that an entryway must function.
3. What are the key components to entryway decorating?
Key components, whenever possible are:
- Good lighting
- Ample storage
- A place to sit
- Your personality/style
Want to shop our style?
4. How important is lighting in an entryway?
5. Do you have one component that isn’t essential to entryway decorating but a personal design favorite?
6. What are some tips one should keep in mind when decorating a small entryway versus a large one?
Keys to smaller entryway decorating:
- Limit the amount of furniture.
- Keep in mind scale and don’t select pieces that dwarf your space. In fact, you want to do the opposite.
- Choose furniture and pieces that serve multiple purposes.
- Less is more. Be careful of too many decor details in a small space.
7. Any final entryway decorating tips?
Julie: It’s so important to let your personality greet people. Choose items very carefully and let them tell your story. If it feels too sterile or too staged the room will fail, no matter how well planned. Choose pieces that have meaning and clearly convey who you are.
Overwhelmed? Don’t Be. You’ve Got This!
A final pep talk for your Entryway Decorating
SHOP THE POST HERE