Instagram is one of the fastest growing, most influential social media platforms in existence today. If you master Instagram, you harness huge marketing power. In my other posts I discuss how to begin an account. I share do’s and don’ts, etiquette, benefits, common mistakes that can thwart your efforts, how to make money and more. But today I want to break it all down for you…let’s get to the heart of the matter. Think you need to be famous or a real professional to grow 100K Instagram followers? Think again.
Let’s get straight to the point:
How did I grow over 100K Instagram followers in two years?
Let’s let the scene. I am not a professional anything, or I wasn’t before I began.
I am not a…
- famous person
- professional photographer
- trained decorator
- professional designer
- trained artist
- marketing professional
- professional writer
What I am:
- a stay at home mom
- a college graduate
- passionate about decor
- creative, with an eye for photography
- a joyful individual
Why do I share this? Because if I can do this you can do this!
What I did to grow over 100K Instagram followers. My best advice:
- Work on your craft daily. In my case, home decor. So I decorated and redecorated spaces every day.
- Build real relationships and become part of a community.
- Dedicate yourself. Follow a consistent posting schedule and never miss a day.
- Speak in your authentic voice and have something to say.
- Reach out to strangers and become friends.
- Lead hashtag groups or create one of your own.
- Develop yourself as a brand. In my case, Jodie and I created #thedesigntwins.
- Work on your photography every day.
- Build others up by sharing or featuring inspiring accounts.
- Become a student of Instagram. Study what works and what doesn’t.
- Don’t be afraid to clean up your feed.
These are the things I didn’t do:
- Use any artificial means or tricks.
- Post and run.
- Ignore questions or comments.
- Follow for follow.
- Create lots of sponsored posts.
- Host lots of giveaways. I think I did two in two years.
- Sell watches.
- Post personal pictures.
- Deviate from my niche.
- Take my followers for granted. It’s so essential to stay 100% grateful and connected even in success.
I am not saying this is the only way, by no means. There are many different pathways to success on Instagram. There are many different niches that require different choices. My path isn’t necessarily better than other paths, but it has proven successful for me and for Jodie. But this is my experience, plain and relatively simple.
My Best Advice to grow 100K Instagram followers:
- Know yourself and be yourself. Everyone else is taken!
- Share authentically.
- Interact authentically: Engage!
- Don’t hold back. IG is no place to be shy or reserved. You only have your picture, your written words and emojis to express your true personality and grab people’s attentions and hearts.
- Post carefully and purposefully.
- Post the best photos you possibly can, even if this means taking a photography course.
Create unique, exciting and exceptional content in both voice and vision and people will find you without any tricks or gimmicks.
It may take some time…it will take dedication, but anything worth having usually does.
I truly wish you success and most importantly, I wish you JOY along your path! If you enjoy your journey you have achieved success. In addition, others will feel your joy and the rest will follow.
With love and blessings ~ Julie
I love it when you share your stories or questions with me! Please comment below and I will reply with a personal letter today!
If you LOVED this post, please share it by PINNING this and sharing it with your friends! We appreciate it so much!
We have 12 other Instagram related posts in which we share all we’ve learned, the details of Julie’s journey, Jodie’s journey, the mistakes you may be making, what has worked & what has not, as well as how to make money and more. Delve deeper and invest in educating yourself. It will save valuable time in the long run!