Instagram Success Checklist
1.What are your goals for this account? Write your mission statement if you haven’t already.
2. How much time are you spending now? How much time are you willing to commit? Make a chart and track how you spend your time for one week. Keep specific track of how much time you spend on each activity, i.e. photography, editing, posting, researching hashtags, commenting back on your own photos, commenting on other photos, searching/following new accounts, etc.
3. What are your current “strategies”…what do you feel is working? What do you think is not working? Do you have strategies?
4. What are your strengths? How can you best showcase these strengths?
5. What are your weaknesses? Do you have a plan to improve in these areas?
6. Do you have plans for IG to develop into another business…i.e., a blog, an online shop, etc.? Or do you already have a business that this represents? Defining these goals can help keep you focused and motivated.
7. Think about your bio: What do you want to give your audience? Your feed should be less about you and more about them.
8. Does your IG name reflect who you are? Does it tell your audience what niche you are in before they even check and draw interest and curiosity?
9. Who is your target audience? Create your AVATAR…who is he/she? You can have more than one, but they need to be very specific. (gender, age, marital status, employment, interests, geographic (time zone), etc.)
10. Are you consistent in your posting? When do you usually post? How do you decide when to post? Do you post at least once a day?
Define Your Brand
Want More Help?
- Have you read our other Instagram related posts and our 3 photography/editing posts on our blog? These contain our best advice.
- Do you have any specific questions for us? We will make sure to answer these in our strategy session.
Jodie & I are also available to answer specific questions on our private Facebook Group called “The Party is On Instagram”. If you are serious about growing your Instagram, have questions, or want to learn from others in a fun & supportive forum you will be welcome to join us. (This group to not a place to advertise nor is it a forum to vent complaints…we keep it helpful, positive, and supportive! Thanks!)