our best budget shopping ideas: how to shop smart
Don’t we all want to shop smart? Being a smart, savvy shopper is so important. We want to make good decisions, spend our hard-earned money wisely, stay on budget, and not buy things that collect dust. It’s not always easy, so we’ve got great ideas and tips to help you shop smart. Let’s get started.
How to Shop Smart: The Design Twins’ Best Shopping Tips
- Do your homework. Get online and comparison shop before you buy.
- Choose your shopping partners wisely. Who you shop with can greatly influence how you spend.
- Make a list.
- Shop with purpose. Have a plan before you go (hence the list).
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- When in doubt walk away. If you go home and keep thinking about it (and it fits the budget) make the purchase. Otherwise you can be happy without.
- Take measurements and a tape measure with you.
- Take photos and/or swatches.
Friday Friends Parade Linky Party
Welcome to another week of Friday Friends Parade. Every week we love this more. Why? Because we absolutely love seeing your posts and also the chance to SHOWCASE your talents.
Join us each week Friday am – Wednesday pm to explore new talent and if you’re a blogger, share your own favorite projects by linking up at the bottom. Each week we feature our favorites from last week’s parade. Be sure to check out Last Week’s Friday Friends Parade Linky Party for wonderful decor, garden, craft & recipe inspiration.
Friday Friends Parade is a forum for encouragement and sharing. It’s a place to be inspired, meet new friends, and show off your projects and posts. We are so excited to see what you’ve got for us this week. ENJOY!
FOLLOW YOUR HOSTS
Jodie & Julie’s Shop Smart Feature
Shop Smart: Vintage Shopping Tips
Our shop smart feature this week comes from Ann of Dabbling and Decorating. You will love Ann’s vintage market shopping tips and her clever use of a vision board to help focus your next shopping trip.
Speaking of how to shop smart, this week’s blog post is full of budget shopping ideas and links. Jodie was able to completely transform her dark and dated decor with inexpensive options. And the end result? Her room makeover is making her soooooo happy.
Rhonda from Hallstrom Home shared her creative and perfect Easy Recipes for Faking a Fancy Brunch. Her shortcut recipes will leave you eager to host your own fancy brunch just in time for Mother’s Day. And the styling is not to be missed.
Today on the blog I shared my Summer Front Porch Tour and a Rosé Cocktail Recipe. This recipe is simple with only three ingredients. An easy recipe perfect for a party. I hope this post leaves you inspired to entertain outdoors and enjoy the summer months ahead.
Deborah from Hip & Humble Style has a bathroom remodel you sincerely don’t want to miss. I don’t think it was an easy home inspiration, but surely, it is beautiful and very inspiring one.
Surprisingly, I wrote two blog posts this week. In my Monday post, I share how I buy a lot of our home decor on eBay. I find it is a convenient way to shop smart and I will often discover some great deals.
My spring patio and deck are finally on the blog. I have included some easy home inspirations into this post. So, do you have an old rusty firepit kicking around your yard? Well, there is a simple way to revive it to look like new? Come on over to find out.
FRIDAY FRIENDS PARADE LINKY PARTY GUIDELINES
- Feel free to share any of your latest projects, as long as they are your projects!
- Please DO NOT link up Etsy shops, Giveaways, or other Linky parties, etc.
- Link directly to a specific post, not your home page.
- Link up your new projects! Please don’t share ideas you’ve already shared to Friday Friends Parade.
- By linking up, you’re giving us permission to feature your photos and project on our blogs and social media. Images will always be shared with proper credit and a link back.
- Don’t just link and run. Please visit at least 2 other links and spread the love.
LINK UP YOUR LATEST POST OR PROJECT HERE
To link up, scroll to the bottom and click the “Add Your Link” button below! Then follow the prompts to link up.
<!– end InLinkz script —>